I don’t know what kind of week you had last week. I don’t know what kind of morning you have had today. I don’t know what you will go through in the coming days. What I do know is that everyone at some point needs comfort. Every one is healing from something. Whether a death in the family, illness, a traumatic incident, missing a friend, fighting against sin, etc. everyone can use some comfort.
There is absolutely no better way to get that comfort than from God’s Word. In the past days I made a list of some of my favorite verses on this subject. There are so many Scriptures that can comfort our hearts so please don’t think this is it.
Go explore the Bible, Dig in Deep and find some verses that comfort you. If you are encouraged by these verses comment below and let me know which ones really encouraged you. Have a perfect verse to add to the list? Comment below! I’d love to add it in my prayer journal.
Healing and Comfort
1. Jeremiah 17:14- Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.
2. Proverbs 4:20-22- My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
3. Hebrews 12:12-13- Wherefore lift up the
hands that hang down, and the feeble knees; and make straight paths, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
4. Isaiah 41:10- Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
5. Deuteronomy 30:20- That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days…
6. Numbers 23:19- God is not man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
7. Psalm 147:3- He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
8. Psalm 42:11- Why are thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
9. Psalm 23:1- The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.
10. Isaiah 53:5- But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
You can find my list of verses on waiting here.