This post contains affiliate links. I only give my honest opinion.
I have been testing granola recipes on and off for a couple years now. I have finally found one that I LOVE and worked well with gluten free oats. I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oats for this and it turns out perfect every time!
Simple Granola 1/2 cup brown sugar 1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup canola oil
4 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
2. Combine brown sugar, honey and canola oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
3. Cook, stirring often until sugar is dissolved.
4. Pour brown sugar mixture over oats and add cinnamon and salt. Stir until oats are evenly coated.
5. Spread granola mixture over a cookie sheet (sprayed with pam) and press mixture down.
6. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before breaking apart and into pieces.
8. Store in a ziplock bag or other air tight container.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
The kids and I really enjoyed it. We ate it by itself, with some chocolate chips, on top of yogurt, etc. Next time I am thinking of putting some cocoa powder in it, just because I find a way to get chocolate into almost anything.
I used my Kitchen Aid baking sheets and rubber spatulas for this recipe. I have had them for years and they are still going strong!
Every week I link up to these great blogs!